One of the yoga materials that people who start yoga or meditation enjoy is undoubtedly the yoga eye pillow. The eye pillow is a yoga material preferred by those who want to focus more while listening to themselves in Savasana pose or meditation in yoga or those who want to reward themselves with a little rest after a tiring workday, or those who cannot enjoy life because they cannot fall asleep every night. Eye pillows, thanks to the aromatherapy oils they contain, relax the person and allow them to focus on their work more easily.
Frequently preferred by those who have sleep or focus problems, yoga eye pillows are a great alternative to take your meditation experience to the next level! These pillows, which relax your body and calm your mind thanks to the aromatic oils in them, also help you have a better quality sleep.
What Does an Eye Pillow Do?
Although buying a lavender eye pillow sounds like a nice idea to almost everyone; most people are not fully aware of the benefits of these yoga materials.
- The scent of lavender that an eye pillow contains has a calming effect on people’s nerves. That’s why lavender is used in eye pillows. Because these pillows help people to calm down. So you can feel more purified after a stressful day by getting one of these magical pillows.
- It is known that the scent of lavender also provides convenience at the point of minimizing headaches. Starting from this point, if you feel that your head hurts a lot or you have a headache a lot, you can lie on a sofa near you and put on your eye pillow. In this way, you can reduce your headache with a little rest.
- There are quite a few people who drop a few drops of lavender oil on their pillows to help them fall asleep more easily. Because lavender oil makes the person who uses it feel more calm and peaceful. If you don’t want your pillow to be full of oil stains, you can buy one of the lavender-scented eye pillows in order to fall asleep more comfortably and more easily at night. In this way, you can sleep more easily and start each new day more rested.
- Yoga is a way of life that helps a person to be reborn by enabling him/her to rediscover his environment, and it is necessary for a person to die in order to be reborn. Therefore, there is the Savasana pose in yoga. The name of this pose is the corpse pose, and the person doing this pose relaxes by lying on the ground and spreading his arms and legs to both sides. One of the most used times of lavender eye pillows is when the person is in the Savasana position. Because people who do Savasana benefit from lavender eye pillows to relax, purify and rest more thanks to lavender essence.
- Thanks to the essential oils in their content, lavender gives spiritual serenity and calmness. Lavender, which calms the mind and softens the nerves, also helps alleviate migraine attacks. It relieves headaches by balancing blood pressure. Applying a lavender eye pillow also prevents swelling of the eyelids and the formation of under-eye bags. The rice and rock salt in the lavender pillow also helps to get rid of the bad energy stored in the body.
How to Make a Lavender Eye Pillow
Materials You Need
- Breathable inner lining
- The cotton outer cover (washable and preferably organic)
Pour 1 liter of extra virgin olive oil into a tall glass jar. Pour 1 cup of fragrant lavender into it. Buy lavender from a place you trust. Make sure it’s fresh lavender. Mix these two ingredients with a wooden spoon. Finely chop the ingredients with a hand blender. The better you shred the lavender, the more benefits you will see. After the process is finished, close the lid of the jar. You need to expose the lavender oil to the sun for 1 hour every day. After each sun exposure, crush the lavender again with a hand blender. If it stays longer than 1 hour, it won’t do any harm. Do this for 15 days. Drain the water after 15 days.
- The lining should be cut and sewn into a rectangle with the inner part as an eye pillow.
- Filled with lavender, flaxseed, and rice. It is then stitched so that they all close.
- Covered with a sheath. Upon your preferences, a more colorful cover or a cover with a motto and texts can be chosen in order to motivate you. Or you can buy it plain and decorate it with fabric pencils.
- It helps to reduce stress and then sleep. It also blocks light.
- It calms the mind.
- It is good for sinus and headaches.
- It can be used to keep in the refrigerator and cool down cold.
- It is kept under the neck while sleeping, making it easier to fall asleep.
The eye pillow is placed over the eyes during savasana (corpse pose) or final rest, deep relaxation. It supports relaxation with its lavender scent, provides darkness for the eyes to rest if it is done in a bright environment, and massages the eye and its surroundings with its lightweight. These eye pads are available from yoga studios or online.
You can also make your own lavender eye pillow instead of buying it. But even if you don’t, covering your eyes with something soft (towel, cloth, t-shirt) in savasana also helps you experience a more intense deep relaxation.
As you can see, the lavender eye pillow has many benefits. Especially those who consume caffeine, that is, tea and coffee, may have sleep problems. So it’s a very useful option. It is already used for relaxation among yoga practitioners.
The answer to the question of how to use a yoga eye pillow is a situation that varies from person to person. You can use it to relax and calm the mind while doing yoga, or if you have trouble sleeping at night, you can rest your eyes and relieve the stress of the day by placing it over your eyes. Also, for those who have sleep problems, you can buy lavender oil in spray form and spray it in your room before going to sleep and relax with lavender oil.
Benefits of Yoga/Lavender Eye Pillow
The answer to the question of what are the benefits of lavender eye pillows is a calm mind and a healthy life. Sleep is very important for human health. In order to sleep comfortably and have a calm mind, you can get support from the lavender eye pillow. This is how the yoga eye pillow or lavender eye pillow is made. If you wish, you can order it ready-made, but it is much more advantageous to make it yourself as it is very simple to make.
Lavender is an aromatherapeutic herb. It is used in the cosmetics industry, health sector, some treatment methods, and home decorations. Lavender helps you have a comfortable and deep sleep. Thanks to its soothing effect, it helps you to reach a peaceful and mood. Thanks to the special sedative substances in the structure of lavender, it has properties that are good for peaceful sleep.
It helps to reduce headaches by balancing your blood pressure. Thanks to the sedative substances in it, it helps you to have a comfortable sleep. When you apply the lavender eye pillow to your eyes, it prevents swelling of the eyelids and the formation of under-eye bags. With its sedative content and aromatherapy feature, it calms and calms you and helps you get rid of the tiredness of the day.
Eye Pillow and Nightmares
Some people are very nervous during the day that this tension does not leave them alone at night when they put their heads on the pillow. Again, such people struggle with the negative situations brought about by the tension of the day in their dreams every night and spend nights full of nightmares. If you are someone who does not want to be condemned to such nights and you want to get rid of bad dreams and have more productive sleep, you should definitely get an eye pillow. Because the mind that relaxes with the lavender eye pillow becomes more forgetful at the point of remembering the stressful moments of the day. In this way, people who use lavender eye pillows are on their way to pleasant dreams every night.
Kimmieko Weighted Eye Pillow for Eyes and Forehead | Washable Case with Organic Lavender and Flax Seed insert | Post Yoga Relaxation
With its wonderful scent, it is one of the must-have products that you need while practicing yoga. It gives relaxation. It is warm and cool at the same time. At least it gives that sense to users. The weight of the eye pillow is in the perfect amount. Apart from practicing yoga, it can be used for comfortable sleeping. It serves the same purpose which is relaxation. Even though it is a little bit pricey, it is definitely worth the money you are going to spend on. https://www.amazon.com/Kimmieko-Weighted-Forehead-Lavender-Relaxation/dp/B07RZPZDQF/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=yoga%2Beye%2Bpillow&qid=1625198981&sr=8-7&th=1
Lotus Weighted Lavender Eye Pillow Sleeping & Spa Relaxation mask – Yoga Eye Pillow – Lavender Aromatherapy Eye Pillow – Hot & Cold Therapy
It is one of the most recommended eye pillows on the market. It is a little bit different than the other eye pillows you can find. You need to heat it in the microwave for a couple of seconds or you need to put it in the freezer in order to cool it. It completely depends on your preference and yoga practice. It comes in the perfect size and weight that is proper for everyone. Thanks to its washable cover, you are able to wash it each time you use it. Moreover, it comes with a storage bag that makes it easy to carry and easy to store. Overall, it is a great investment. https://www.amazon.com/Lavender-Relaxation-Meditation-Headache-Removable/dp/B07N82GNFS/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=yoga+eye+pillow&qid=1625198981&sr=8-8
Scented Yoga Eye Pillow – Lavender Flax Seed – 4 x 8.5 – Block Printed – Soft Cotton – Organic Naturally Soothing
It is an effective eye pillow that is filled with lavender and flaxseed. It releases a mist of lavender oil to make the person who uses it calm and relaxes. There are different cover color options that you can choose from. While it can be used during yoga practice, it is beneficial for migraines and headaches. After a long day, it will be exactly what you need. https://www.amazon.com/Scented-Yoga-Eye-Pillow-Naturally/dp/B084QJN6FK/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=yoga%2Beye%2Bpillow&qid=1625198981&sr=8-12&th=1
Solayman’s Natural Lavender Infused Eye Pillow for Yoga, Meditation, Relaxation, Headache, Stress Relief- Set of 2
It is an eye pillow that is filled with natural lavender buds with its different textures. Those buds on the pillow will give you relief and create a therapeutic effect. After a long tiring day, it will give you the spa effect that you’re looking for. The lavender scent is a perfect amount, not overwhelming at all. It is heavy enough to stay on your eyes, not falling down constantly. It is very comfortable to use it. It provides both heat therapy and cold therapy. Depending on your need and preference, you can choose the way you want. It comes as a pack that includes 2 of them at once. Overall, it is definitely worth the money you are going to spend on. https://www.amazon.com/Solaymans-Lavender-Meditation-Relaxation-Headache/dp/B083865L9M/ref=sr_1_21?dchild=1&keywords=yoga+eye+pillow&qid=1625198981&sr=8-21
Benefits of Lavender
Fragrant lavender is widely used in the perfume and cosmetics industry due to this scent. It is known that this pleasant smell is very important in softening the nerves and calming our souls.
Although the history of the use of lavender for medicinal purposes goes back centuries, it is known that lavender was used to disinfect the wounds of soldiers injured during World War I, and it has found wider use in the medical literature, especially after this process. In addition to disinfecting the wounds of the soldiers, it is also known that a pinch of lavender is placed in the hat so that the sun does not fall on the heads of the soldiers who are exposed to the sun. Lavender, which is rich in unsaturated fats, vitamins A and C, protein, and calcium, acts as a very important antioxidant.
Lavender is skin-friendly!
Lavender shows therapeutic properties in skin problems because it contains essential oils. The antiseptic and antifungal properties in their content are very important in cleaning the skin and disinfecting the wounds. Lavender acts as a natural remedy for acne, acne-prone skin, redness, wounds, and infections. Lavender oil, obtained by pressing lavender, eliminates itching and redness caused by skin problems such as eczema.
In addition to all these, regularly massaging the skin with lavender oil can prevent skin aging, skin cracks, and wrinkles, and reduce the existing signs of aging. It is recommended to massage with lavender oil every evening for both prevention and elimination of hip, leg, knee, belly, and chest area cracks, especially caused by rapid weight gain or loss or pregnancy.
Lavender supports hair health!
Lavender, which provides numerous benefits to the skin, is also very important in the health of the scalp. By massaging the scalp with lavender oil, it is possible to nourish the skin, support new hair growth and prevent hair loss. Brewing lavender in hot water and rinsing the hair with the water and washing the scalp also have an anti-hair loss effect. Washing hair regularly with lavender oil will prevent both dandruff formation and hair loss.
Lavender gives a comfortable sleep!
In order to fall asleep easier and sleep soundly all night, people of all ages, including babies, can sprinkle a few drops of lavender oil on their bed or pillow. The use of lavender to prevent sleep problems goes back centuries. It is also known that mixing 1 teaspoon of lavender oil with 1 glass of water and drinking it relaxes the nervous and digestive systems, thus helping to have a much more comfortable sleep. This mixture is called sleep spray in many eastern countries.
Lavender prevents nervousness, stress, and depression!
Lavender is known to have a relaxing effect on the nervous system. Thanks to the essential oils in their content, lavender gives a spiritual calmness. Many air fresheners are prepared with lavender extract. Leaving lavender in a small bowl in rooms and offices helps to make the environment more spacious. Especially those who have a stressful home, work, and social life are recommended to benefit from the calming effect of lavender scent.
Lavender relieves headaches!
The scent of lavender has a calming and soothing effect on the nerves. In this regard, it is recommended to apply lavender oil to the neck and forehead, and wrists in migraine attacks and headaches and to have lavender in a bowl in the environment. In addition, it is possible to relieve ligament pain by drinking lavender tea brewed by throwing a pinch of lavender into a glass of hot water.
Lavender supports the functions of the digestive system!
Lavender tea, lavender oil, or lavender flowers somehow strengthen our nervous, digestive, and immune systems. It will be possible to prevent and alleviate problems such as indigestion, gas, bloating by drinking lavender tea or massaging the abdomen and stomach area with lavender oil. Lavender oil reduces abdominal and stomach pains and facilitates bile secretion.
Lavender heals wounds!
The antiseptic property of lavender has been known for centuries, and it is known that the wounds of soldiers were disinfected with lavender, especially in World War II. When lavender oil or lavender tea is applied to wounds and cuts, the cell healing process in the wounds is accelerated and infection of the wounds is prevented.
Lavender relieves nausea!
Lavender is a panacea in many areas such as the stomach, intestines, respiratory tract, and digestive system. For problems such as indigestion and nausea in the stomach, smelling lavender, applying lavender oil to the forehead, throat, behind the ear, stomach, and navel area can alleviate the problem.
Lavender cleans the intestines!
Lavender, which is a friend of the digestive system, helps to clean our intestines and prevent stomach and intestinal problems. When the intestines are not cleaned, harmful bacteria increase in them, which leads to bloating and digestive problems. It will be beneficial to drink lavender tea 1-2 times a week to clean the intestines or to mix some lavender into yogurt and consume it.
Lavender reduces joint and muscle pain!
The scent of lavender and lavender tea has a relaxing effect on the nerves and muscles. Adding a few pinches of lavender to the bathwater and waiting, or pouring 3-4 teaspoons of lavender oil and waiting in that water for 20-30 minutes and resting helps relieve muscle pain and rest the whole body.
Lavender is a bleeding suppressant!
Applying lavender oil on cuts or wounds both shortens the healing process of the wound and stops the blood. It is necessary to apply lavender oil to the open wound and apply an ice compress on it.
Lavender improves digestive issues during pregnancy!
The most common problems during pregnancy are usually related to the digestive system, stomach, and intestinal problems. Massage with lavender oil is recommended especially for bloating, indigestion, and muscle cramps. For common pregnancy problems such as bloating, fatigue, and infections, lavender tea or lavender oil is a natural alternative.
Lavender oil is a source of healing!
- Applying lavender oil by massaging the skin helps moisturize, revitalize and rejuvenate the skin.
- Massage with lavender oil is recommended for the prevention of skin wrinkles, cracks, and removal of existing ones.
- When the scalp is massaged with lavender oil, cell renewal is accelerated in the scalp. As the skin is nourished, new hair formation is encouraged and hair loss is prevented.
- It is possible to use lavender oil as a natural perfume by applying it very lightly to the wrists and neck area. It gives a light and lasting fragrance, relaxes the nervous system, prevents headaches.
- After a busy day, to rest the feet and relieve the pain, mixing 1 tablespoon of lavender oil in warm water and keeping the feet in this water for about half an hour takes all the pain and fatigue.
- For problems such as wounds, burns, cuts, insect bites, and bee stings, applying lavender oil to the problem area both relieves the pain and accelerates the repair of the skin.
Recommendations for Lavender Users
- Although lavender can be a solution for many problems, it can be harmful to people with certain diseases.
- People who take medicine for the treatment of any disease should consult a doctor before using lavender tea or oil.
- It is recommended that people with allergy-prone skin apply lavender oil to a very small area on the first try.
- Although lavender has many benefits for the expectant mother during pregnancy, it can cause problems in some people. For this, it would be right for pregnant women to consult their doctor first.